Comment on page
Use this guide to set up Okta SSO SAML for your organization on Popl Teams
Okta SAML 2.0 is a widely-used authentication protocol that allows users to log in to multiple applications using a single set of credentials. By using this protocol, companies can centralize their user authentication and authorization, reducing the need for multiple login credentials and streamlining the user experience. Additionally, Okta SAML 2.0 provides a secure way to authenticate users, ensuring that only authorized individuals can access company resources.
Using Popl Teams Okta SAML 2.0 capabilities, companies can save time, improve security, and enhance their team's experience, making this integration a popular choice for many organizations using Popl Teams.
- 1.Start by logging into an Okta admin account and going to the Okta Application Dashboard. Once there, click on "Create App Integration".
Okta Application Dashboard
- 4.On the next tab titled Configure SAML, put in the following info:
Single sign-on URL:
Audience URI (SP Entity ID):
Name ID format:
Correct Configure SAML Page
Once the above items are added, scroll down and click "Next".
- 5.On the final tab titled "Feedback", mark "I'm an Okta customer adding an internal app". Then click "Finish".
- 6.You are now all set to assign (provision) users to the Popl SAML app! Users can be assigned individually or via security groups.
Provision users or security groups
- 7.As a final step, please send the enterprise application metadata file in XML format to [email protected] and we will complete the SAML setup on our end. Our team will send a confirmation email response once this process is complete.
For enterprise-grade security and streamlined access to the Popl dashboard, SAML protocol can be utilized for user login on desktop. To log in via SAML, users can click on the Popl enterprise tile, which should be visible on their Okta dashboard of applications if the user is part of the provisioned groups. Upon clicking the application tile, the user will be redirected to Popl Teams, where they will be logged in instantly, facilitating seamless user experience and ensuring a secure authentication.
When users want to log in to their Popl account via the mobile app, they can either tap on the Popl enterprise tile in the Okta mobile app, or use the "Login with Microsoft" option in the Popl app. Both options ensure secure authentication and 2FA enforcement via Okta/Microsoft. The "Login with Microsoft" option is available on the app's login screen.
Made with 🤍 Popl